- This event has passed.
July 3 Online Concert – Free Da Mic: Black Power Matters!
July 3, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Save the date and make plans to tune in to a special online concert brought to you by Black Power 96 Radio.
Free Da Mic: Black Power Matters features artists from around the country sharing their talents to celebrate the unification and self-determination of the African community!
- Ecko R&B recording artists
- Miss Jody
- David Brinston
- Ju Evans
- Joined by your local favorites
- GBT Babies
- The Original Florida Spiritualaires
- Joseph Smith
- With artists from throughout the African world including
- Asa Anpu from South Africa
- Elikya Ngoma bringing her Carribean rhythms
- Muambi Tangu from San Diego, and
- Derek “The Change Man” Smith from Virginia
- And featuring the live debut, direct from Houston, by Kinnie Ken performing “I’m sick of your stuff,” speaking to the uprisings happening across the globe demanding an end to the police occupation of the black community.
About Black Power 96 Radio
Black Power 96 Radio is a project of the African People’s Education and Defense Fund (APEDF). The radio station’s mission is to defend the human and civil rights of the African community through our educational and cultural programming. Our programming addresses the grave disparities in education, health and economic development faced by the African community.
Our core values include:
- Support for the right to freedom of speech and the right to political association without fear of political imprisonment and loss of life, limb or livelihood.
- Raising the consciousness of African people through talk shows, news, music, health & wellness and other cultures to facilitate the unification of African people as one people worldwide in the process of liberating Africa.
- We are committed to developing self-reliant, community-controlled media capacity in the hands of the African working class.
Tune in: 96.3 FM in St. Pete, FL and streaming at BlackPower96.org and the mobile app